Two healthy recipes that will transform your Valentine's Day.
By: Sydney Harrison
No matter if you’re trying to keep up with your New Year’s resolutions or just wanting to try something new, these desserts are delicious alternatives to Valentine’s Day favorites. Valentine’s Day is full of love and affection for your loved ones, but it is also full of sweets. However delicious those valentine’s desserts are, try these healthier Valentine’s Day alternatives. All of the ingredients can be found at any local store and will be sure to please. Greek yogurt is an ingredient that can be found in both recipes and includes many benefits for your health compared to regular yogurt or even chocolate.
Eating healthier is always essential in taking care of your health. Many people like to try the newest dieting fads, but the best way to staying healthy is swapping. You can still enjoy the delicious foods our world has to offer. By swapping out simple ingredients, you will still be able to eat the best foods while being kind to your body. The new year is the best time to take charge of your health, so why not indulge this Valentine’s Day with these delicious alternative desserts.
Frozen Yogurt Strawberry Bites
1. Wash the strawberries.
2. Cut the berries to your desired size.
3. Put the yogurt in a bowl.
4. Use a toothpick to dip the strawberry in the yogurt.
5. Place the dipped strawberry on a parchment paper lined pan.
6. Once all the strawberries are dipped, place in the freezer, and let them sit for at least two hours.
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Brownies
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips to mix in
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9-by-9 baking pan.
2. Mix almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt.
3. Melt chocolate and butter together.
4. Mix sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla.
5. Mix in eggs.
6. Add dry ingredients.
7. Add chocolate chips.
8. Pour batter into the pan, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Photographer: Anna Nall